Health & Safety
Effective health & safety management is the foremost priority for Flynn Management & Contractors, which is evidenced by our Grade A Safe-T-Cert accreditation and OHSAS 18001:2007 certification; we constantly seek to go above and beyond simple regulatory compliance.
We believe in taking a proactive approach to safety, which means making education, training and practical health & safety awareness a key part of our culture.
The value of this approach is well demonstrated by our health & safety performance indicators which significantly outperform industry norms.
Company Safety Objectives
Safe and healthy work conditions at Flynn Management & Contractors play a key role in the objectives of our company and are constantly monitored and evaluated.
Our safety objectives include:
- Provision of safety training and instruction
- Provision of protective equipment
- Identification of hazards
- Creation of practical and safe working systems
- Consultation with staff on safety and health matters
Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of the Flynn Management & Contractors to comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 to 2016, the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and all other current legislation relevant to business and operations carried out by Flynn Management & Contractors and our employees. Flynn Management & Contractors is committed to identifying new legislation and best practice and is committed to adhering to changing standards.
It is our aim to achieve a working environment, which is free of work related accidents and ill health and to this end we will pursue continuing improvements from year to year.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
• identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures;
• providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment;
• establishing and enforcing safe systems of work;
• recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, abilities and competence equal to their role and level of responsibility;
• ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform;
• ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate;
• promoting awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communication of relevant information;
• monitoring our safety performance by regular site inspections from our health & safety department;
• furnishing sufficient funds needed to meet these objectives;
It is the policy of Flynn Management & Contractors to consult all staff and employees on matters of health and safety. All employees are hereby notified of our policy. It is the obligation of all employees to act responsibly and to do everything that is reasonable to prevent injury to themselves, their fellow workers and any other person who may visit their place of work. Employees are encouraged to comply with their duties under the 2005 Act and 2007 to 2016 General Application regulations and to notify Flynn Management & Contractors of identified hazards in the workplace.
This health and safety policy is reviewed annually to monitor its effectiveness and to ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances. This policy is to be read in conjunction with the organisation, arrangements and applicable safe systems of work outlined in the safety statement.
This statement is communicated to all Flynn Management & Contractors employees.