Irish Life Public Realm Works
The project scope included for Irish Life included:
- The demolition of the existing Irish life bar in Northumberland Square to create a new open space and entrance lobby to Talbot Mall
- New lift installation from the basement carpark up to ground floor
- The existing main plaza paving was replaced with new polychromatic paving
- Junction improvement works on Abbey Street Lower & Gardiner Street Lower
- Re-positioning of the Iconic “Chariot of Life” Statue at Irish Life’s main plaza complete with a new fountain surround.
The above works was carried out in several zones spread across a highly built up urban area with both residential and commercial occupants which leads to a high concentration of pedestrian traffic.
The works also consisted of the removal of 2 MV Blackstone generators and replacement with new backup generators, demolition of existing stairs and ramp to the main plaza and replaced with new stairs and ramp with a stone/pave finish.
The complete replacement of the existing standby generator sets at the Irish Life Centre was a ‘turnkey’ type contract, carried out by Flynn Management & Contractors.
All necessary carnage & permits required from local authorities, transport providers and other service providers, as well as the movement of the existing standby generator sets and the installation of 2 new permanent 1650Kva MV standby generators was fully coordinated the construction team.
The existing MV generator sets were removed through the roof of the generator room through an opening in the existing slab and the new standby MV generator set arrangement was be provided to support the complete existing 3116kVA ESB Networks MIC supply to the Irish Life Centre.
The generator set replacement contract included the complete supply, installation testing, load testing, certification and commissioning of 3 temporary LV standby generator set arrangements for a six-week operational period.
For more information call 353 1 850 3000 or click here to email us.