Summary of Role
The Health & Safety Advisor should establish, develop and direct the implementation of the HS&E strategy on Projects while ensuring that a Positive Safety Culture is maintained and that Flynn Management & Contractors are established as industry leaders in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
The Health & Safety Advisor Should:
- Have suitable third level safety qualifications.
- Have first class knowledge of Client, PSDP & PSCS duties.
- Have a working knowledge of implementing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & Safe T Cert management systems.
- Have experience in preparation of all documentation relating to Construction Regulations 2013 – Safety Statements; Method Statements; Risk Assessments; Preliminary Health & Safety Plans; Construction Stage Health & Safety Plans etc.
- Have good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Possess excellent IT skills.
- Be able to work to a high professional standard.
- Be an effective team player.
- Be able to work to deadlines.
- Be a proactive, self-starter who can manage own workload and prioritise tasks.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support FM&C H&S Manager in the development and implementation of the safety management system and safe systems of work in line with statutory obligations.
- Review & revise project specific HSE documentation / site H&S plans.
- Advise FM&C site team in relation to their duties under relevant legislation & Construction Regulations.
- Co-ordinate and supervise FM&C on specified projects to ensure AF1 and AF2 forms, site induction training, method statements, risk assessments, toolbox talks, safety audits, plant inspections, working at height equipment inspections, incident and accident reports etc. are completed as required.
- Provide advice & direction to FM&C project management team.
- Assist FM&C site team in the preparation of task risk assessments and method statements.
- Review subcontractor documentation for adequacy.
- Monitor works to ensure control measures are effective.
- Promote a positive safety culture and continuous improvement through the project.
- Carry out all work requested in a professional and diligent manner.
Tasks will include:
- Review, revise & update project specific safety statements.
- Review & revise sub-contractor site specific safety statements / safety plans / method statements.
- Review, revise & update site specific safety management filing systems.
- Inspect and audit project during construction and prepare relevant reports.
- Prepare hand out material for toolbox talks.
- Review & revise site specific induction training programmes and training requirements.
- Assist the H&S Manager in the procurement of required training courses.
- Investigate near-misses, incidents and accidents on your projects and ensure all information is fed back to the FM&C H&S Manager.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety Authority during any inspections and follow up on any comments raised.
- Notification of accidents and dangerous occurrences to the H.S.A.
- Assist in the preparation of task specific risk assessments or method statements.
- Liaise with third parties - contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, clients, etc.
- Chair regular safety meetings on the project between FM&C site team and sub contractors to ensure all works are safely coordinated.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience working in a busy and challenging environment who enjoys satisfaction delivering high quality projects safely.
Competitive salaries & benefits package available commensurate with experience. We will offer a relocation package for those relocating from abroad.
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please quote the Role Reference Number CP HS 01 when applying for this role.