REPORTING TO: Health and Safety Manager
Purpose of Role
The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for establishing, developing and directing the implementation of the HS&E strategy on Projects while ensuring that a Positive Safety Culture is maintained, and that Flynn are established as industry leaders in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Support the H&S Manager in the development and implementation of the safety management system and safe systems of work in line with statutory obligations.
- Review & revise project specific HSE documentation / site H&S plans.
- Advise site teams in relation to their duties under relevant legislation & Construction Regulations.
- Co-ordinate and supervise on specified projects to ensure AF1 and AF2 forms, site induction training, method statements, risk assessments, toolbox talks, safety audits, plant inspections, working at height equipment inspections, incident and accident reports etc. are completed as required.
- Provide advice & direction to the project management team.
- Assist the site team in the preparation of task risk assessments and method statements.
- Review subcontractor documentation for adequacy.
- Monitor works to ensure control measures are effective.
- Promote a positive safety culture and continuous improvement through the project.
- Carry out all work requested in a professional and diligent manner.
- Review, revise & update project specific safety documentation.
- Review & revise sub-contractor site specific safety statements / safety plans / method statements.
- Review, revise & update site specific safety management filing systems.
- Inspect and audit project during construction and prepare relevant reports.
- Prepare hand out material for toolbox talks.
- Review & revise site specific induction training programmes and training requirements.
- Assist the H&S Manager in the procurement of required training courses.
- Investigate near-misses, incidents and accidents on your projects and ensure all information is fed back to the H&S Manager.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety Authority during any inspections and follow up on any comments raised.
- Liaise with third parties - contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, clients, etc.
- Chair regular safety meetings on the project.
- Third level qualification in H&S or a related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience working on large scale commercial/construction projects.
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple project simultaneously.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, highly focused and detail orientated.
- Self-starter and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Full clean drivers license preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
Flynn is an equal opportunities employer, if you wish to apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please quote the Role title in the subject line when applying for this role.
By applying for a position with Flynn and forwarding your details included in your CV, you are consenting to Flynn processing your data in line with data protection legislation and for purposes of our recruitment and selection process only. Your information will be stored securely and will only be held for so long as is necessary and in line with our Data Retention Policy. Your rights under data protection law, including the right of access to your personal data are protected, however, we will not provide the following types of information in response to a data access request: information about other people; opinions given in confidence; repeat requests; or privileged information. If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please contact Deirdre Breen, Senior HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: Flynn, Blackwater Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11.