Summary of Role;
We are looking to recruit a Programme Manager to support our operations and BID Management teams. You will be responsible for the planning (programming) of projects from conception to completion along with helping to develop out reputation on the market. You must be capable of taking responsibility for both planning and reporting on several projects concurrently, ensuring the project teams can deliver the projects within the planned time and in accordance with the company’s project delivery ethos.
You will be reporting to Contracts Manager/ Project Director who will support you in your role.
You will be at the “shop window” of the company’s future and through fostering new and existing client / design team relationships through professionalism and excellence of delivery, the company is in safe hands.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure project teams understand and demonstrate their appreciation of FM&C culture of safety excellence and that this is implemented & demonstrated on every project.
- Ensuring accidents are reported to Contracts Manager, investigations take place & corrective actions are implemented as soon as possible to address any issues.
- Ensure that all sites are set up, from day one, in a manner that nurtures and generates the correct culture within the team, the subcontractors, the supply chain and the client’s team.
- Ensure that all appointed sub-contractors and supply chain parties are fully briefed on all our systems and procedures and fully adhere to same on their day to day activities.
- Ensure our client’s expectations are met and understood through delivering a quality product to the end user while fostering professional and amicable relations with design teams and client representatives.
- Take control of Planning, programming and scheduling multiple projects to ensure that contracts are completed in line with the contract requirements, safely and to an extremely high standard and in compliance with Flynn Management & Contractors quality management system.
- Ensure the highest standards of Programming and Scheduling is used on all projects, whilst continuously looking for opportunities to improve the system.
- You are required to work closely with your teams and identify any areas for possible CPD / improvement as well as assist in the team’s development.
- Ensure that quality is a priority from the “Get-Go” and that Snag Free handovers are our goal on all projects and incorporated as part of the planning and programming process.
- Develop strong relationships with our clients, subcontractors, construction teams and supply chain by excelling in the level of service and manner of delivery of each project.
- Work closely with our project and commercial teams on a day to day basis and advise on any up and coming programming or scheduling issues, when & where possible.
- You will have relevant experience and a proven track record of delivering project programmes and reporting to director level with an emphasis on project progress and meeting target and milestone dates and notify your contracts manager and project director of any requirement for extension to programme dates or works acceleration.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Project, ASTA (or similar programming and scheduling packages), power point and excel.
- Does not accept processes on the basis of “this is the way things have always been done” and offers alternative proposals.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience working in a busy and challenging environment who enjoys satisfaction delivering high quality projects safely.
Competitive salaries & benefits package available commensurate with experience. We will offer a relocation package for those relocating from abroad.
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please quote the Role Reference Number CP PGM 01 when applying for this role.