We are looking to recruit Project Managers with a ‘keen eye’ for finishes and a proven track record for delivering projects safely and efficiently. The successful candidate must be forward thinking, adaptable with a focus on safety and capable of taking responsibility for a number of projects concurrently, whilst ensuring project teams deliver high quality projects to budget & to project plan whilst meeting our project delivery ethos.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- The health, safety and wellbeing of our team and those working on our projects is of paramount importance. It is imperative that adequate controls are in place in line with our Health & Safety Management system to manage the safe delivery of projects.
- Ensure project teams understand and demonstrate their appreciation of FM&C culture of safety excellence and this is implemented & demonstrated on every project.
- Ensuring accidents are reported to Contracts Manager, investigations take place & corrective actions are implemented as soon as possible to address any issues.
- Follow FM&C guidelines for site set up, ensuring from day one our culture of safety excellence is evident and is clearly communicated to all parties on site (team, subcontractors, supply chain & client team).
- Ensure that all appointed sub-contractors & supply chain parties are fully briefed on all our systems and procedures & fully adhere to same in their day to day activities.
- Ensure FM&C Quality Management System is implemented on every project & that our goal to deliver Snag Free handovers is managed during the phases of works.
- Keep up to date with new ways of working, investigate & recommend improved methods of delivering projects.
- Demonstrates ability to logistically plan, co-ordinate, schedule & execute delivery of complex projects. Key to success in this area is the maintenance of excellent records of all aspects of the projects (HSE, change orders etc).
- Value engineering to meet client requirements.
- Responsibility for controlling & delivering projects on time & to budget keeping abreast of industry & market trends.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships with the construction management team, subcontractors and supply chain.
- Work closely with project QS on daily basis in forecasting / costing of packages and package procurement. Flag issues when & where possible.
- Responsibility for developing construction programs in conjunction with Contracts Manager when tendering for new projects with feed-in from key supply chain partners. Once successfully won will manage, monitor and control the project meeting plans.
- Support recruitment and training of staff and develop your team through leadership, mentoring and motivation.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project execution.
- Market awareness, highlight new construction project opportunities with our Pre-Construction team.
- Honours Civil / Construction Engineering degree with 4+ years’ experience.
- Maintain high professional standards with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) supporting the development of strong relationships (team, client, subcontractors & neighbours).
- Very good IT skills with familiarity working with Microsoft packages (or similar scheduling packages)
- Demonstrate key leadership qualities in the management & development of project teams leading by example to deliver projects safely & to a very high standard.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience working in a busy and challenging environment who enjoys satisfaction delivering high quality projects safely.
Competitive salaries & benefits package available commensurate with experience. We will offer a relocation package for those relocating from abroad.
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com quoting reference CP PM 01 when applying for the role.