To take ownership of all quantity surveying duties and to manage the project so that it meets all commercial and contractual commitments and is delivered within budget.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Undertake contract administration, including change management and maintenance of associated registers ( e.g. Change Order Log)
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of subcontract orders.
- Participate in the management of project budgets, cost plans and feasibility studies as appropriate
- Validate and approve sub-contractors’ interim applications and final submissions including compliance with the Construction Contracts Act
- Use the agreed costing system for allocation and coding to meet all internal and external requirements.
- Lead pre-appointment subcontractor meeting to ensure scope is clearly defined & appoint subcontractor in line with FMC subcontract terms and with any flow downs from the main contract to mitigate any contractual risk
- Prepare accurate monthly Cost Value Reports for review with Commercial Managers /Project Managers/Contracts Managers and presentation to the Projects Directors
- Maximise cash flow through prompt submission of Monthly Valuations with full and accurate supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Negotiate, draft and submit Final Accounts including claims in respect of; loss and expense, delay and disruption and any time extensions
- Maintain a productive relationship with all the Design team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Team Commercial procedures where delegated authority so requires
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry (RIAI, FIDIC, JCT etc.)
- Knowledge of safety systems (SMS) & sets example in relation to safety culture
- Ability to critically evaluate and identify gaps in documentation and commercial opportunity (contracts, drawings, specs, CVR’s)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of construction processes, techniques and systems
- Demonstrates commercial awareness – market, competition, value for money
- Manage and maximise project margin
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation & conflict management skills and Process oriented with focus on results.
- Focus on development - takes personal responsibility for own CPD
- Strong attention to detail and well organised
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please quote the Role Reference Number CP QS 01 when applying for this role.