REPORTING TO: Associate/Commercial Director
- Track project deliverables and ensure that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are utilised.
- Manage commercial teams to drive successful delivery of all projects and lead the commercial planning and implementation of project.
- Carry out an in-depth review of all tender documentation and identify any risk or potential gains
- Review and approve selected contractors /suppliers
- Ensure Contractual correspondence in accordance with contract terms inclusive of detailed analysis and documentation of EOT notifications and claims etc
- Continuously monitor the project to ensure that it stays on time and in budget
- Assist with and manage the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Reporting on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions, highlight, challenge and resolve variance to latest plans.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Ensure clients achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice;
- Ensures Subcontracts are properly prepared and managed to reflect agreed scope including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc.,
- Ensure all project team members (including site staff) understand contractual arrangements to meet Client and partner requirements
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships and leverage opportunities for repeat business
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry RIAI FIDIC JCT etc.
- Ensure commercial goals are achieved
- Demonstrates commercial acumen – with advanced knowledge of the market and competition
- Delegates effectively and empowers appropriately
- Experience of managing and leading teams - clear personal and team goals
- Ability to critically evaluate documents
- Demonstrates strong report writing skills
- Confident and competent communicator.
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Leads with confidence and motivates staff.
- Results focused.
Flynn is an equal opportunities employer, if you wish to apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Role title in the subject line when applying for this role.
By applying for a position with Flynn and forwarding your details included in your CV, you are consenting to Flynn processing your data in line with data protection legislation and for purposes of our recruitment and selection process only. Your information will be stored securely and will only be held for so long as is necessary and in line with our Data Retention Policy. Your rights under data protection law, including the right of access to your personal data are protected, however, we will not provide the following types of information in response to a data access request: information about other people; opinions given in confidence; repeat requests; or privileged information. If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please contact Deirdre Breen, Senior HR Manager at email@example.com or in writing to: Flynn, Blackwater Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11.