Summary of Role;
Manage the implementation of Flynn Management & Contractors business strategy on a day to day basis. To plan and direct our company’s activities to maintain the highest standards and culture in health & safety, quality, client service and satisfaction and legislative compliance. Also to maintain and develop Flynn Management & Contractors reputation in the market, with all clients, our team and our supply chain and to ensure the successful financial completion of all associated projects, protecting the exposure to financial risks, together with adherence to the commercial procedures of the business.
You will be responsible for projects from conception to completion ensuring the project is delivered within the planned time and budget and in accordance with the company’s project delivery ethos.
As Site Manager you must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing as you are expected to set the standard for professionalism on each project you are involved with. You are at the “shop window” of the company’s future and through fostering new and existing client / design team relationships through professionalism and excellence of delivery, the company is in safe hands.
The Health and Safety of our people and those affected / assisting in our actions are the primary concern for our company. A certified safety management system has been established and maintained in order for projects to be executed in a controlled, safe and compliant manner. It is the responsibility of the Site Manager to:
- Ensure that every member of their team buy into the Flynn Management & Contractors culture of safety excellence and this is demonstrated on every project.
- Ensure the Flynn Management & Contractors Safety Management System is implemented on every project and every aspect of that project.
- Accidents are reported to your Project / Contracts Manager as soon as possible.
- Ensure that all sites are set up, from day one, in a manner that nurtures and generates the correct culture within the team, the subcontractors, the supply chain and the clients team.
- Ensure that all appointed sub-contractors and supply chain parties are fully briefed on all our systems and procedures and fully adhere to same on their day to day activities.
The quality of our people, our delivery process and finished product is the cornerstone of Flynn Management & Contractors business. It is the reason that we constantly exceed our client’s expectations and in turn why we receive substantial repeat business and new business referrals.
It is the responsibility of the Site Manager to ensure that our client’s expectations are met through delivering a quality product to the end user while fostering professional and amicable relations with design teams and client representatives. This is achieved by understanding our client’s core business requirements and gaining knowledge of their vision for the end use of their project.
It is the responsibility of the Site Manager to implement the following:
- To ensure the Flynn Management & Contractors Quality Management System is implemented on every project.
- Ensure that contracts are completed as per programme, on budget, to an extremely high standard and in compliance with Flynn Management & Contractors quality management system.
- Ensure our Quality System is used on all projects.
- Leads with confidence and motivates those around you.
- Identifies their own CPD requirements.
- Ensure that quality is a priority from the “Get-Go” and that Snag Free handovers are our goal on all projects.
- Develop strong relationships with our clients (Employers, Project Managers, Architects and Quantity Surveyors) by excelling in the level of service and manner of delivery of each project where you will be involved.
- Record keeping and close communication with the teams.
- Value engineering to meet client requirements.
- Be fully aware of the project budget and demonstrates market and competition awareness.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, co-ordinate, execute and deliver complex projects,
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the construction management team, subcontractors and supply chain.
- Logistics / Planning and scheduling of works. Link with the project specific construction program and develop look-ahead programs.
- Forecasting / costing of packages and package procurement. Work closely with the project QS on a day to day basis and advise on any up and coming issues when & where possible.
- Formal reporting to senior management.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project execution.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS word, project, (or similar scheduling package), power point and excel.
- Ensure all H&S, Quality and Environmental systems are managed and adhered to.
- Does not accept processes on the basis of “this is the way things have always been done” and offers alternative proposals.
- Client liaison and communicate well with neighbours.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills and experience working in a busy and challenging environment who enjoys satisfaction delivering high quality projects safely.
Competitive salaries & benefits package available commensurate with experience. We will offer a relocation package for those relocating from abroad.
Please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Role Reference Number CP SM 01 when applying for this role.