Project Manager/Contracts Manager
It is the responsibility of the Senior Engineer to ensure that our client’s expectations are met through delivering a quality product to the end user while fostering professional and amicable relations with design teams and client representatives. This is achieved by only accepting what is best.
It is the responsibility of the Senior Engineer to implement the following:
- Incorporate the Flynn Quality Management System into every element of the project
- Ensure that works are constructed in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
- Leads with confidence and direct those around you.
- Identifies their own CPD requirements.
- Report any issues to the site/project manager without delay.
- Record keeping and close communication with the teams.
- Review and challenge the details to ensure the best methods of construction are adopted at all timed.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, co-ordinate, execute and deliver structural elements of a project. Monitor the programme.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the construction management team, subcontractors and supply chain.
- Actively engage with the Site/Project Manager in project programming. Fully understand the programmes and immediately report any concerns.
- Formal reporting to senior management.
- Be willing to learn and take career progression seriously.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS word and excel.
- Ensure all H&S, Quality and Environmental systems are managed and adhered to.
- Does not accept processes on the basis of “this is the way things have always been done” and offers alternative proposals.
- Client liaison and communicate well with neighbours.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project execution.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS office, project, (or similar scheduling package).
- Keen eye for finishes and a proven track record of delivering projects on time.
- Must be a good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter with good judgment when working under pressure.
Flynn is an equal opportunities employer, if you wish to apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Role title in the subject line when applying for this role.