REPORTING TO: Associate/Commercial Director
To take ownership of all quantity surveying duties and to manage the project so that it meets all commercial and contractual commitments and is delivered within budget.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Undertake contract administration, including change management and maintenance of associated registers (e.g. Change Order Log)
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of subcontract orders.
- Participate in the management of project budgets, cost plans and feasibility studies as appropriate
- Validate and approve sub-contractors’ interim applications and final submissions including compliance with the Construction Contracts Act
- Use the agreed costing system for allocation and coding to meet all internal and external requirements.
- Lead pre-appointment subcontractor meeting to ensure scope is clearly defined & appoint subcontractor in line with FMC subcontract terms and with any flow downs from the main contract to mitigate any contractual risk
- Prepare accurate monthly Cost Value Reports for review with Commercial Managers /Project Managers/Contracts Managers and presentation to the Projects Directors
- Maximise cash flow through prompt submission of Monthly Valuations with full and accurate supporting documentation in accordance with the contract
- Negotiate, draft and submit Final Accounts including claims in respect of; loss and expense, delay and disruption and any time extensions
- Maintain a productive relationship with all the Design team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Team Commercial procedures where delegated authority so requires
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry (RIAI, FIDIC, JCT etc.)
- Knowledge of safety systems (SMS) & sets example in relation to safety culture
- Ability to critically evaluate and identify gaps in documentation and commercial opportunity (contracts, drawings, specs, CVR’s)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of construction processes, techniques and systems
- Demonstrates commercial awareness – market, competition, value for money
- Manage and maximise project margin
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills
- Strong negotiation & conflict management skills and Process oriented with focus on results.
- Focus on development - takes personal responsibility for own CPD
- Strong attention to detail and well organised
Flynn is an equal opportunities employer, if you wish to apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the Role title in the subject line when applying for this role.
By applying for a position with Flynn and forwarding your details included in your CV, you are consenting to Flynn processing your data in line with data protection legislation and for purposes of our recruitment and selection process only. Your information will be stored securely and will only be held for so long as is necessary and in line with our Data Retention Policy. Your rights under data protection law, including the right of access to your personal data are protected, however, we will not provide the following types of information in response to a data access request: information about other people; opinions given in confidence; repeat requests; or privileged information. If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please contact Deirdre Breen, Senior HR Manager at email@example.com or in writing to: Flynn, Blackwater Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11.