We are currently seeking experienced and talented Quantity Surveyors to join our high performing project teams. If you would like to join a company who wins high profile projects with blue chip clients and if you enjoy working in a stimulating environment, then Flynn is the company for you.
REPORTING TO: Commercial Manager / Senior QS
Purpose of Role
Own all quantity surveying duties on your projects to ensure all commercial & contractual commitments are met & value is maximized.
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities.
- Undertake contract administration, including change management and maintenance of associated registers ( e.g. Change Order Log).
- Negotiate and obtain best value with placement of subcontract orders.
- Participate in the management of project budgets, cost plans and feasibility studies as appropriate.
- Validate and approve sub-contractors’ interim applications and final submissions including compliance with the Construction Contracts Act.
- Lead pre-appointment subcontractor meeting to ensure scope is clearly defined & appoint subcontractor in line with FMC subcontract terms and with any flow downs from the main contract to mitigate any contractual risk.
- Prepare accurate monthly Cost Value Reports for review with Commercial Managers /Project Managers/Contracts Managers and presentation to the Projects Directors.
- Maximise cash flow through prompt submission of Monthly Valuations with full and accurate supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Negotiate, draft and submit Final Accounts including claims in respect of; loss and expense, delay and disruption and any time extensions.
- Maintain a productive relationship with all the Design team professionals and Client representatives throughout the project.
- Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Team Commercial procedures where delegated authority so requires.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry (RIAI, FIDIC, JCT etc.).
- Ability to critically evaluate and identify gaps in documentation and commercial opportunity (contracts, drawings, specs, CVR’s).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of construction processes, techniques and systems.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness – market, competition, value for money.
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills.
- Strong negotiation & conflict management skills and Process oriented with focus on results.
- Process oriented & strong attention to detail.
Flynn offer a competitive remuneration package to include basic salary, pension and life assurance, healthcare, car allowance/company vehicle and work-life balance leave days.
Flynn is an equal opportunities employer, if you wish to apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to [email protected]. Please quote the Role title in the subject line when applying for this role.
For further details on Flynn's Privacy Statement, please go to: https://www.flynnmc.com/privacy