We are currently seeking for experienced and talented Engineers to join our high performing project teams. If you would like to join a company who wins high profile projects with blue chip clients and if you enjoy working in a challenging environment, then Flynn is the company for you.
REPORTING TO: Project Manager/Contracts Manager
Purpose of Role
As an Engineer with Flynn you will be responsible for managing the engineering function on your project(s) in line with the project programme.
- Assume day-to-day management of the site technical & engineering requirements (RFIs, Submittals, Shop Drawings, Design Team Workshops, etc.).
- Ensure quality control measures on the site are implemented and are in line with the overall BCAR plan for the project.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors in the planning & construction of the project.
- Support the Project Manager/Contracts Manager to ensure that works are completed as per programme, on budget to a high standard.
- Identify any information gaps, develop solutions and rectify in conjunction with the site and design team in a timely manner.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the construction management team, subcontractors and supply chain.
- Third level qualification in Engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of construction techniques - competent in all aspects of set out, survey & level, temporary works co-ordination.
- Strong numeracy and report writing skills.
- Ability to formulate plans and execute in line with budget and timeline.
- Ability to make informed decisions & know when to escalate.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS office, project, (or similar scheduling package.
Flynn is an equal opportunities employer, if you wish to apply for this job please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please quote the Role title in the subject line when applying for this role.
By applying for a position with Flynn and forwarding your details included in your CV, you are consenting to Flynn processing your data in line with data protection legislation and for purposes of our recruitment and selection process only. Your information will be stored securely and will only be held for so long as is necessary and in line with our Data Retention Policy. Your rights under data protection law, including the right of access to your personal data are protected, however, we will not provide the following types of information in response to a data access request: information about other people; opinions given in confidence; repeat requests; or privileged information. If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please contact Deirdre Breen, Senior HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: Flynn, Blackwater Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin, Dublin 11.